Safari makes me click a box to rtn. to previous pages.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3/10: Purchased an iMac 21.5" 3.06 GZ, 500 MB, 4 GB
I keep getting (but not ALL the time) the following message from Safari when I am surfing, browsing, whatever and then trying to go back a page or two ... or three. So, if I've been jumping around a lot, say, on a website and then want to go back several previous pages and either click on the back arrow or do the "back swipe" on my Magic Mouse, the following message sometimes shows up and I have to click it to give it permission to go back a page. And then it might show up AGAIN, and then AGAIN if I'm continuing to go back page by page. It's gets to be such a nuisance. Can I eliminate this "thing"? Here's what it says:

"Are you sure to want to send a form again?" Then, it further says: To reopen this page Safari must resend a form. This might result in duplicate purchases, comments, or other actions.

Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's there for your protection. Safari doesn't know if the page you wish to return to is one in which you just made a purchase or sent a password.

Regards.

C

chas_m

I don't get this message on pages where I didn't fill out any forms.

You might want to turn off the "other forms" checkbox in autofill's prefs. That might fix the problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
You know that you can click and hold on that back arrow and skip back several pages, right?

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3/10: Purchased an iMac 21.5" 3.06 GZ, 500 MB, 4 GB
Chas: Thank you; I just changed that; hopefully that's the answer, especially bec. it always happens even though I haven't filled out a form, as you said.
Tomac: Thank YOU; no, I didn't know that!

Reaction score
It's there for your protection. Safari doesn't know if the page you wish to return to is one in which you just made a purchase or sent a password.

Regards.

Kinda makes the whole online shopping experience a pain in the ***... Thanks, but the users protection should be the users problem... Nothing like force feeding the consumer what Apple thinks they need.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.