What router do you use?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Dual 800 Mhz, 2nd Gen. iPod touch 8GB
Hey everyone, I just bought an iPod touch and am looking for a wireless router. Unfortunately, it looks like everyone has a different opinion, lol. So, I'm curious, what routers would you recommend? I'd like to spend somewhere from $30 - $60 for it.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
For $60 or around at New Egg I really love the Linksys WRT54-GL. Be sure it's the GL version which uses Linux firmware. It's a G router but one of the most stable I have ever owned. If you had $100 I would recommend the DLink DIR-655. Also excellent router and supports N also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I have the D-Link DIR-628. Had it for almost 2 yrs now and it works great. I have a Dell Desktop connected to it via ethernet and a MBP, iPad, and iPod Touch via wireless signal. All play nice together. Dual band 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ. Around $80.
I can't speak for any other routers as this is the only one I've owned.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Dual 800 Mhz, 2nd Gen. iPod touch 8GB
For $60 or around at New Egg I really love the Linksys WRT54-GL. Be sure it's the GL version which uses Linux firmware. It's a G router but one of the most stable I have ever owned. If you had $100 I would recommend the DLink DIR-655. Also excellent router and supports N also.

I haven't been on the forums in a while, but I thought I'd mention that I ended up buying this router a few months ago. It works like a dream. Thanks so much for your help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Hey everyone, I just bought an iPod touch and am looking for a wireless router. Unfortunately, it looks like everyone has a different opinion, lol. So, I'm curious, what routers would you recommend? I'd like to spend somewhere from $30 - $60 for it.

Hi jlashley,
I have a new Belkin N600DB dual band combined modem and wireless router and it is working very well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.