m-audio FireWire 410 installation problem

Reaction score
Hey,

Can anyone help me as i am getting desperate! I bought a new iMac 21.5inch last week and am having problems installing the m-audio firewire 410. I have downloaded the latest snow leopard os 10.6.4, and also have the latest driver for that version. When i installed the driver software i was told to shut down the mac and plug in the firewire device and then reboot, but it just doesnt show up on the desktop and says that it cant be found.. The power light flashes on. anybody help??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I have an M-Audio FireWire Audiophile that I turn on first before I turn on my MBP. If I turn on the Audiophile after I boot up, the blue light flashes on it also.
I have OS10.5.8

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Did you use the correct 32 or 64 bit 410 driver or the 10.6.3 driver?

OP
M
Reaction score
The driver is the same for both man. I ended up taking it back to the store and after testing it with other devices it was found to have a duff port (useless!). So they then exchanged it for the new edition i3 iMac which only came out 2 days ago for the same price as i paid for the older duo core iMac - Happy days.. I win! Thank god that i was sold an iMac last week with a broken firewire port eh!
After getting it back home and installing the driver it booted up first time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Glad to hear that. Congrats!

OP
M
Reaction score
Cheers! happy days.. all i need now is a copy of logic 9 instead of having to use garage band (which aint too bad but lacks a lot of power)

:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.