So I have a question about Photoshop...

Reaction score
So, I just got my new macbook pro yesterday and I have just completed transferring all of the files, except for my copy of Photoshop Elements 4.0. The only problem is that my serial code runs out in about a month. So I bought CS4. I was wondering how to copy all of my photoshop elements 4.0 data, plug-ins, and tool presets, and save them to my new CS4 application. If you know how to solve this I will greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Reaction score
There are folders like "Plug-ins", "Presets" etc where all your needed information is stored (I guess you're switching from a PC so they're probably in program files/adobe/elemets folder or something). They're the same folders on your new mac (/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS4 for me) and I think if you'll be fine if you just copy the files.

Congrats on your MBP btw :)

C

chas_m

Be aware that some of those plug-ins just aren't going to run on CS4. PS Elements 4 is four full versions and many years old. You'll likely need to update some of them to work with CS4.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.