Shameless self promotion!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 2ghz Dual Processor, 12" Scrolling TrackPad Powerbook
Hello all,

My band are about to release our debut single, "Girls in Boys Clothes". My friend and I made the music video in my bedroom studio using various software, my Powermac G5 and his iMac. I'd like you all to see it and help us build the hype. Any comments are more than welcome, good or bad!

go here:

www.theerrorplains.net

Thanks.

Johnny ^_^

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
What software did you use if you don't mind me asking?

it was pretty good...I only thought of one or two suggestions that I would make if it was one of my friend, but to you, I shall say wow that was good, and I you should send it to MTV see what they do with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
very nice . i love it , all i can say is d*mn good job .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
nice vid!... poor music.. not my genre. to each their own.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
Graphite said:
nice vid!... poor music.. not my genre. to each their own.

Agreed. Very nice production value but not my cup of tea when it comes to music.

T

Tel

I'd have to agree with the last two posts. Nice production though, looks very professional.

OP
johnnyluu
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you all for your kind comments. For those of you that didn't like the music, I'm glad you liked the production quality of the video; as someone trying to get into the animation, film and music video industry it means a lot to me that you think it looks professional.

Tech answers:

Live action was shot using a Canon XM-2 3CCD mini-DV digital camcorder we borrowed off a mate. The editing was done in Final Cut Pro, compositing and motion graphics in After Effects and the Graphic in Photoshop.

The whole thing, including distractions and other engagements, took about a month and a half to complete from shoot to final render.

Thanks again everyone!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
wow!

dude really i liked the music and the video
its weird that you shot that in mini dv
it looks almost hd quality
really really really REALLY liked it!

also did you make the site because its really nice too

*applauds*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
i just wanted to say i like the music allot too , who enspires you guy's .

or what other artists that you kind of looked / look up to , for your sounds ? gosh i cannot get out what i want to say , who has inspired you the most ,

OP
johnnyluu
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you again, we are truly humbled by this positive response. I only did the graphics and video encoding, the site was scripted by my friend and fellow band member, Chris Etches, his day job is web programming in an overly trendy and pretentious area of London.

Etches is also the the guy that creates the electro-synth part of the music. My other friend and band member, Chris Jones, contributes the thrash guitar. I don't actually contribute to the band musically. When we play live I have a midi keyboard hooked up to my Powerbook, each song has a set of video loops with a specific structure, the loops are assigned to certain keys and I play and make the music videos for each song live and in time.

I consume so much it's hard to list my influences but here are some: Fight Club, Samurai Champloo, Michel Gondri, Chris Cunningham, Shynola, Studio AKA, Hayao Miyazaki and Shigeru Miyamoto.

The bands musical influences would be Suicide, Orbital, Felix da House Cat, Brainiac, 50s rock and roll and Berlin Electro. Generally we are inspired by many things!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.