Someones just given me A motorola EM330 phone (UK)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 1TB HDD - iPod Touch 4G
It has a usb lead for charging, but it says Windows Vista and XP in the booklet... I wanna know if I can plug the USB into my iMac, and charge the phone, and pull the pics from my memory card?

My question really, isn't 'Will someone please do the leg work, then spoon-feed me the answer' but really its 'whats the worst that can happen if I plug it in and try giving it a go?'

Any ideas?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I guess what Im really asking is will it break the phone?

I know its not going to be instantly recognisable, like an iPhone etc, but will I break it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You should be able to connect to that phone via bluetooth and pull the pictures off.

Bluetooth Quick Assist

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You should be able to connect to that phone via bluetooth and pull the pictures off.

Bluetooth Quick Assist

Thanks, Im looking at that now, however, my priorities are actually the reverse... I think it would be great to charge the phone via the usb... If I could interact with it, it would be a bonus...

Its the charging bit I wanna do... Hence my question about will it blow up the phone? LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
The usb cable will simply be providing power to the battery, so it will just charge the phone.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks. Thats what I was thinking !

I will let the batt run down a bit, cause its fully charged and try it later !

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, little update.

When i tried on my windows machine, it wouldn't even charge. It said it needed a driver, & 'helpfully' went off to download something to install. I installed it, and it requested I reboot.

Did that, and when I re-connected the phone, it was not happy, and I lost my internet connection. I had to do two system restores. The first one was bto before the driver was installed. That was unsuccessful. The second one was back to yesterday. That worked. PC still didn't want to charge phone, and wanted to go off and get a driver again... This time I said 'NO!' lol

Lets compare that to my iMac experience...

Plugged in phone, and it happily began to charge. Opened bluetooth on the phone, and chose 'find me' - Opened bluetooth on iMac, and it found it straight away. Did I wanna connect?

Yes, it gave me a code, put code in phone, and it opened up my pictures, vid music folders etc... PERFECT...

And that is what I will tell people when they say whats your iMac like? I'll say... 'It just works' !!! LOL

Reaction score
Glad you got it sorted. :)

I was going to suggest that if all else failed, try the memory card in an external card reader, or the iMac's card reader to access your pics, vids, etc, but that's a moot point now. :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.