iPhone Help! My iPhone is being completely crazy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 2.4GHz processor, 2GB RAM, 150 GB
Hi guys, urgent help required...

Whenever I press the "Phone" button on my iPhone, all I see is "Clear All Recents" and "Cancel". Pressing on either options do not remove that screen. As such, the only way I can make a call is through the contact book.

However, even then, when I make the call, "Clear All Recents" and "Cancel" comes up again and I can't press anything other than those 2 options. So I can't actually end the call, I can't go to speaker option etc.

How do I fix this?! This kinda makes the phone rather useless! A phone that has difficulty making phonecalls?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Try restarting the phone by using the power button.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 2.4GHz processor, 2GB RAM, 150 GB
Unfortunately, my power button (I'm assuming that's the silver button at the top of the phone) doesn't work anymore. I have come to accept that I probably will never be able to restart my phone or to turn it off (unless it runs out of battery).

What I did was to connect the phone to the iTunes and resetted it and it did the trick.

C

chas_m

You need to get that fixed. An iPhone needs to be actually shut OFF every now and again for stability purposes. I suppose you can "get by" for a while by just allowing the battery to run completely down but that may do some harm to your battery, so really I'd just get that fixed at some point.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.