Switching to Mac

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I was hoping for a little help here... I have been wanting to switch from my Dell Desktop, and laptop to a new macbook pro. I have been looking at macbooks with the nvidia 320m shared memory video cards, and am wondering what kind of performance people are getting... I want to do some video editing and picture editing, but I would also like to play World of Warcraft with the new expansion, and Diablo 3 (when it comes out.)
Does anyone have any suggestions, or anyone doing the same thing?
I would love to dump my windows and go for a mac, but want to make sure the video card will handle things.
Thanks!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, i5, SSD & 1TB, 8 GB
I know the MacBook Pro's with dedicated video cards will run what you want it to run. The MacBooks with the 320m should run them also, but just not as good. For gaming the 27"imac would be a better choice IMHO.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hey everyone!
I was hoping for a little help here... I have been wanting to switch from my Dell Desktop, and laptop to a new macbook pro. I have been looking at macbooks with the nvidia 320m shared memory video cards, and am wondering what kind of performance people are getting... I want to do some video editing and picture editing, but I would also like to play World of Warcraft with the new expansion, and Diablo 3 (when it comes out.)
Does anyone have any suggestions, or anyone doing the same thing?
I would love to dump my windows and go for a mac, but want to make sure the video card will handle things.
Thanks!!

WoW should be just fine. I've read of users running it on 4 year-old MacBooks with the old Intel integrated graphics. Diablo 3 will likely need a bit more power, but my guess is that any game developed for mass consumption will likely have modes that work on least-common-denominator hardware.

If gaming is a priority though, you might want to consider building a dedicated gaming PC that is easily upgradeable and using the Mac for your general purpose needs. Despite the availability of Steam on OS X, nothing beats a dedicated, purpose-built PC for playing games (IMO).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 13" macbook, 4th gen ipod touch
i have a 2010 regular macbook, and wow runs perfectly on it, and diablo 3 should run on it, just will not be able to run at high end, more than likely.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thank you for all the replies!
I am moving into a smaller house where there will not be an office anymore, and for school I would just like to use the Mac. Since my GF also plays WOW I think I will move us both up to the new Mac.
Thank you again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.