Silly FB app question

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I was half listening to NPR while arguing with my 4 year old and I thought I heard them say that some of the silly applications (not their words) on Facebook like Farmville, etc. do not work with Macs. I'm getting my almost 16 year old her first of what I hope will be many Macs after only using PCs... and I'm just curious if this is true?

Any thoughts?
Kathie

C

chas_m

No, it's not true. What they were probably saying is that flash-based Facebook apps (like Farmville) aren't compatible with the *iPad* or *iPhone* due to those devices not supporting Flash.

(but it's a non-issue anyway, those companies have very swiftly made iPad/iPhone native versions of the games.)

So no, all the FB games will run fine on any modern Mac. Not that that's a good thing, really ... I've seen those games become a HIGHLY disruptive influence on people's real lives ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
One of my happiest days of my FB life was when I found you could "hide" all the posts for Farmville and the like without "hiding" your friend. Makes my experience so much better. Those apps are a nightmare!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
@Skybolt..I was totally thinking you were going to say..."when I found out I could "hide" all the farmville updates so that people don't know how addicted I am to this thing.."..:)

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
One of my happiest days of my FB life was when I found you could "hide" all the posts for Farmville and the like without "hiding" your friend. Makes my experience so much better. Those apps are a nightmare!

how would one do that...? (too) many of my FB contacts play, and well those posts are not something i have to see.

thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
how would one do that...? (too) many of my FB contacts play, and well those posts are not something i have to see.

thanks.

Hover over the unwanted posted text and the word 'Hide' appears to the right. Click on that to hide either those posts or the 'friend'.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.4 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB, 250 Gig HD, Mac OS x 10.6.4
Hover over the unwanted posted text and the word 'Hide' appears to the right. Click on that to hide either those posts or the 'friend'.

Thanks for showing me how to block all those silly apps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4

thanks indeed (thought i replied earlier, but guess not :}

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.