Mac Mini (I want it)

Reaction score
Raises hand

I have just got myself a new job in a publishing company and I am enjoying using the Macs, I am thinking of converting over at home to a Mac for Photo Storage etc etc I will also be wanting to do basic video editing with Imovie
Not hi def stuff basic for youtube blogging etc etc.

Would the Mac Mini be ok?

I would buy a high speed external drive for keeping all the files on rather than using the main drive.

I'd just love to get rid of the big black dust gatherer churning away in the corner producing enough heat to warm a dozen grannies!

Any advice would be great.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Absolutely..the newest Mac Mini is quite a capable machine..it'll do all that you want and more..and look good doing it..:)

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Sure if you already have a monitor that you prefer or you can get a nice one for cheap.
Otherwise, I'd suggest an iMac 21.5" or 27". Especially a refurbished (good-as-knew) iMac from the Apple Store. You get more "bang for your buck" that way.

Happy hunting! :)

OP
P
Reaction score
excellent the missus has a HD tv and I have a 32" tv so im good for a monitor or too he he

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
excellent the missus has a HD tv and I have a 32" tv so im good for a monitor or too he he

For normal computing I personally wouldn't use a giant TV (32" is pretty large for a computer screen :p) but the new mini's HDMI output is really nice to have for media purposes.

Overall, though, I'd highly recommend the mini as an excellent starter Mac. The model's come a long way since I bought an original-model mini in 2005.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, i5, SSD & 1TB, 8 GB
The mini is a very capable computer. Mine does everything I ask it to do with ease. (Photo editing, basic gaming, office, and web stuff.) The kids love it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.