Mail Help

Reaction score
Can you set up 2 email accts through mail (eg yahoo and hotmail) or do you have to have seperate users? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
Yes, I have 3 accounts from my ISP and have set them up in Mail. The web based email account like Yahoo or Gmail I'm not so sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Specs: 13" white MacBook | 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 2GB RAM |250GB HDD
Not quite sure what you're asking, but I'll try to help. Like quin said, you can set up Mail such that it'll handle email for multiple accounts. Personally I have two Gmail accounts & one MobileMe.

Use File > Add Account to add new *mailboxes*, and tweak the settings under Mail > Preferences.

And yes, Mail can handle multiple mailboxes w/the same provider. I have two Gmail accounts (one primary, and one for long-term storage). Mail handles both (or all three) seamlessly. You can view messages for each account respectively, or mail for all accounts by selecting the Inbox icon. I just name the respective Inbox icons something meaningful so I know what I'm lookin' at.

HTH.

C

chas_m

Actually, fridayxiii, he's want to visit preferences -> Accounts and add the new account first. Then the new inbox/sent/drafts/trash for his other account will just show up automagically.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.