help with pages

Reaction score
i have a pages document that i want to share with other people, but i want to have a message embedded in the background to say that i created it, so that if someone prints it out or tries to pass it off as theirs they won't be able to.

does anyone know if and how this can be done?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Just send it as a PDF.....sorry edit.
One sec.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Alright....
In menu bar, select insert, text box, place it where you want and insert the text, then click file, export, PDF, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
Go to 'Help' then type in 'watermark' then follow directions to put in text as watermark in the background that could be repeated for every page. I use watermark for documents in Word but I see it has the same in Pages. Though I've never used the feature in Pages so far. It should be under 'Master object' selection and settings

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When I go to pages help, and type in watermark, all that comes up is this:
:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's the second one on that list 6string. Hey, I'm fairly new to Pages too =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
LOL... I think I'll need to play around with Pages a bit more..... I couldn't work out what to do playing around with that briefly, so I guess I'll need to put some serious time in learning what it's capable of.
I've only used it to make cards, flyers, ads and documents for guitar teaching.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've played around with it and here's what I do for watermark:

Let's say you want the word 'confidential' in the background of every page. Select text box type in the word, at the top tool bar, adjust font size, opacity (5-10%), select 'floating'. Go to 'Arrange'> Align Object>center and middle. Still under "Arrange' check 'Make background object selectable' then select 'Send object to background'. Go to 'Format' >Advanced> select 'Move object to section master'

Insert a new page. You should see the word 'confidential on the first and second page in the background.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.