Internet video and Virus scanner?

Reaction score
Hey guys... I just bought my first mac (macbook pro) because i travel a lot for a professional sport and i am always in a different country and i figured this would be the best computer for world travel. Anyways, I wanted to ask some opinions on a good site or program to watch streaming tv (in english) because i cannot stand continuously watching German television at the moment! Something like HULU or I dunno, i was researching Joost, but i dont know anything about that kind of stuff so i wanted your guys input...? Also, i know i could download Torrents from Pirate bay and stuff but i dont know how safe that stuff is and if it would change anything on my mac, or if i should download a virus scanner for it? I know macs are less able or known to get virus but i want to be on the safe side because this is my only connection to the States.. Thank you so much in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Also, i know i could download Torrents from Pirate bay and stuff

At Mac-Forums, we do not allow discussion of illegal activity. Period.

The Community Guidelines state:

Respect copyrights and the law.
Don’t discuss or conduct content theft or any other illegal activity. Period. We follow U.S. law on the forums, so just because something might be legal in your country doesn’t mean it will be allowed here. If you’re ever in doubt, contact one of the moderators before you post.

Thanks for understanding!

but i dont know how safe that stuff is and if it would change anything on my mac, or if i should download a virus scanner for it? I know macs are less able or known to get virus but i want to be on the safe side because this is my only connection to the States.. Thank you so much in advance!

Please be sure to search first, you'll find valuable information already on the forum by using our search function:

Mac-Forums.com - Search Forums

And from the sticky right at the top of this forum:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/switcher-hangout/23835-official-mac-antivirus-firewall-faq.html

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.