• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple Blue Tooth Trackpad

Reaction score
Okay I want one now. It's an interesting contraption. When's it available? Me want! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4
I like it, but it seems weird for apple after them adding gestures to the mouse. I think it will be more than just a track pad :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I like it, but it seems weird for apple after them adding gestures to the mouse. I think it will be more than just a track pad :)

Eh, it depends. I would almost rather have a trackpad than a mouse. Even though the mouse has gestures, I still have to move it around to move the pointer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4
I suppose, I do miss the gestures when I'm using my iMac. I guess I'll give one a go when they come out :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
I want one too.!

Apple Magic Trackpad.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I'd like to see that when this happens, the an Apple version of the bluetooth keyboard with an integrated trackpad comes out.
If this ugly thing can have a trackpad , surely this work of art can add one

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Personally I would not like a trackpad+keyboard all in one. I would want it separately. Then I can get a stylus and use it that way. I think the trackpad is in existence cause 10.7 will heavily make use of the multi touch gestures. And probably in ways most of us have not thought up before.

Is this the end on the mouse as we know it? No. But I think it's one step in that direction.

OP
MYmacROX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Why not a "glove" that will detect specific gestures like in the movie Minority Report?
I agree with the8thark, this is all moving towards an eventual phase-out of the mouse as we know it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
This would work great for the Mini in a home theater set-up with a virtual keyboard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.