Mount windows share on startup

J

JimmyEatWorms

New to the Mac/OSX scene here and I just can't figure out how to do this on my iBook. I have all my music stored on a windows share and I have changed my iTunes directory to point to that share. The problem is that every time I reboot I have to re-mount the share before I can use iTunes. How can I do this automatically?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
You might want to try making an automator app to mount the share for you, and then set your login items to automatically open that app at startup...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You can just skip the automator app. Just go in System Preferences -> Accounts -> Startup Items and drag the share that you want to mount to the list

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 1.8Ghz iMac G5 512MB
That doesn't always work as the network sometimes only becomes active after the startup items are run. This is always the case for me using airport extreme.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Ozone42 said:
That doesn't always work as the network sometimes only becomes active after the startup items are run. This is always the case for me using airport extreme.

Wireless networks usually take a few seconds to connect to the network, that doesn't have anything to do with the order of connecting

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 1.8Ghz iMac G5 512MB
I didn't say anything about the order of connecting, I said it becomes active. By that I meant connected and able to do things like mounting drives. Sorry if that was unclear.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Maybe build an Automator/AppleScript action that waits 30 seconds or so, and then mounts the share?

OP
K

KuruMonkey

Ahem:
SharePoints AutoMounter

I've used this in the past to do what you want. They also have a program called SharePoints which lets the Mac share arbitrary directories through a nice GUI.

A pair of very good programs, which between them handle all my network sharing needs far better than anything else I've seen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.