1 Year Applecare

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.93 Ghz C2D 15" MBP, 4GB RAM, 512MB 9600GT
I bought my Macbook Pro a little over a year ago from England with a student discount, and i purchased Applecare with it (when i ordered it from the Apple website).

Recently my macbook has been getting extremely hot, even when just streaming a video from a website. This has happened with several browsers, such as safari, firefox and opera. The screen has also been "blacking" out every now and then for just a millisecond or so, before it comes back on.

I wanted to go to a local Apple store, but these are all authorized resellers, or however you call them, as they do not have any Apple stores here in Vienna.

However, when i checked if i was still under Applecare on the Apple website, it said that i was not covered. I remember checking that i was covered when i first got my laptop.

My question is this - what happened?!!
Can i still get someone to check out my laptop? Will this cost me?

Thanks for any help!

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Please also note that when i check the status of my registration, it says that this product is already under an agreement.
So the main question is, why was i only covered for 1 year, and not the 3 years which is advertised by the Applecare plan?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'd suggest contacting Apple, they're the only ones that can give you an answer on this one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
You must have (or need to have) some sort of verification that you purchased AppleCare. I have a registration number. Apple should have a record of it, if it was processed correctly, which it was if you purchased it directly from them. If you purchased it elsewhere, maybe not.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok - i'll try contacting Apple
thanks for all the help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.