Specific Folder Security

O

october

Is there a way to set a specific folder to be locked so nothing can be deleted from it, or even be accessed?

I want this user of my computer to not be able to delete files from a specific folder that automatically saves logs into it.

Either that or, is there a way to track deleted items, even if the trash has been emptied, and if so, are they recoverable?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
select the folder and hit command+I and then the get info will come up... select the check mark named locked.... Don't know if the logs will be able to be saved after it is locked or not...

I an unable to answer your other question so hopefully somebody else will be able to help you out.

OP
O

october

PowerBookG4 said:
select the folder and hit command+I and then the get info will come up... select the check mark named locked.... Don't know if the logs will be able to be saved after it is locked or not...

I an unable to answer your other question so hopefully somebody else will be able to help you out.

I tried it with the lock and it didn't allow anything to be saved into it anymore, thanks for the info though, I didn't know how to do that.

anyone else have any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
can you configure it to save the log files into your user name so that they can not delete the files with out your password?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You can go to Ownership & Permissions and set it so you only you have Read & Write permissions and all others can only have Read only permissions

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.