• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iTunes 4.9 podcast traffic issues?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Is it just me, or has the release of iTunes 4.9 seemed to have killed most podcasts' webpages and servers?

I can't download any of my favorite shows at the moment, even curry.com seems to be crawling!

I think everyone underestimated the fact that tons of iTunes users now have 1-click access to their shows...

Even if they don't stay subscribed for long, everyone is trying it out, and I think they just can't cope with the traffic.

Maybe apple should have offered some sort of hosting program - discounts on space on their servers or something...

UPDATE: Ok all my podcasts synced without hitch just then, so maybe it was just a temporary issue at Apple directly?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
Don't you have to submit your podcast to Apple for them to post it on iTunes?

The podcasters are already getting nationwide exposure for nothing from Apple. I don't really think it is Apple's responsibility to deal with podcasters server issues. If you're gonna advertise you're podcast with the big boys you gotta be prepared for what you get. It is a bummer for these podcasters that they didn't see it coming.

That being said... Apple sure could make a ton of $$$ offering a well priced podcast hosting package that ties right into the podcaster's iTunes account.

I

iMe

Yeah.....Everytime I try to suscribe to Adam Curry's: Daily Source Code, the link always finds an error. I also found that because of podcasting, the iTunes interface has become slower than normal.

OP
Aptmunich
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
sarahsboy18 said:
That being said... Apple sure could make a ton of $$$ offering a well priced podcast hosting package that ties right into the podcaster's iTunes account.

That's what I meant....

Don't forget that this is huge for Apple as well:
All they do is add links to the iTMS, tweak the iPod software and 'BOOM' - they're at the front of another revolution and the iPod becomes the only Mp3 player with 1-click podcast support.

Will this help them sell iPods? Definitely.... so it's in their interest to make the service as trouble-free for the end user as they can.

Having said that, I'm sure everyone will get the glitches sorted out...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.