• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Where do you keep all your wires?

Reaction score
Hey

Just wondering if anyone has any good ways of storing all your usb/firewire cables when not in use.
All mine are just bundled in a draw, this is great unless i actually want to use them and i'm stuck untangling them before use.

I guess tis is justg one of the things we have to live with as we buy more and more gadgets

M

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
oo...good thread!

i usually just wrap each one in a circle (not around your hand, but in the way that keeps them in a circle...) and then at the end i wrap the end of the cord around the entire thing to keep it together...turns out to be a perfect circle...they then get stored in a drawer, thrown on the floor or misplaced.

otherwise, all cords end up wherever they were unplugged from. example, digital camera to the left of powerbook...it gets unplugged from camera and that end stays right where the camera was, and when i unplug it from the back of the PB that end stays over there as well...keeps things in relatively messy but efficient working order

E

Ey3 D

EVERYWHERE! CHAOS! Well at least for thge other people in my house. I keep 'em in my iBook since I don't have THAT many. I also try to leave it with the device that it is for. But ,I have to organize my room. It seems to be getting messy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I have powercords in a drawer and when I need a powercord or somebody in my family needs a powercord i just tell them it is in my drawer.....

Then I have another drawer for data cables, and then another drawer for left over connector cables from previous computers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.