safari redirect / keychain problem

Reaction score
Hiya. When I try to log onto a particular site, safari tries to send me not to the main page but to a page you have to be logged on for. Then a box pops up out of safari asking for my password and user name. Problem is I can remember my password.

Is this something to do with Safari or the site? How can I get round this? The box asks me if I want to save the password in my keychain.

As well as not being able to get on this site, maybe I should mention there was a malware warning last week, but the site has changed , upgraded, as it got hacked.

I am on the latest mac os and have emptied my history and cache.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Other than suggesting to you to try this with another browser, based on your description, it's the site!
You need to log in, and if you can't remember your password, then, you need to create a new membership, etc.
Why on earth you would want to be logging into this particular site that you don't divulge the name of, knowing that there was a malware warning about, is beyond me :p

OP
F
Reaction score
The site is called Online Debate Network. Its just a debating site. There are regulars on there with thousands of posts, so I'm fairly sure its a safe site. I think the malware warning came when it got hacked. Its now upgraded to a new site format. I might try another browser. Thanks for the reply.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.