• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

MacDailyNews - Your opinions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5' iMac i3 3.2GHz, 13.3' MacBook Pro 2.26GHz, iPhone 4(16GB), 160GB iPod Classic
I recently just found their App several weeks ago, and checked it out. I didn't like it too much, and realized just how immature these guys are.. I mean I can understand there loyalty to Apple-- I am not a fanboy but I do use Apple products.

Some of them calling other phones "iPhone wannabes", and calling HTC "Here to Copy", I am sorry but I love my iPhone, but I remember reading an article several weeks ago before the iPhone 4 came out, and they act like the 3GS was the best phone on the market-- after playing around with the HTC Droid Incredible, I thought Apple definitely needed to get back to work to maintain it's edge on Android, and in my opinion I think I did.

I mean talking about some of the biggest fanboys on the internet it is ridiculous! I am very opened minded when it comes to technology, and have owned a lot of different stuff including Windows PC before I switched to Mac. But saying Bill Gates is a criminal for what he done for the PC industry is foolishly childish!

I ended up deleting their App, because I couldn't stop laughing on just how much they held onto Apple, calling Adobe "ingrates", seriously?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
They are a bit over the top here and there, but I think a lot of it is very much tongue-in-cheek. I especially like the comments from their resident "troll", Zune Tang. I actually followed his tweets for awhile, quite amusing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
MDN may be run by extreme fanboys, but generally speaking their takes are dead-on. Steeped in pro-Apple rhetoric, sure, but if you can look past that, these guys really know their stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mirror Quicksilver, 17" MBP, Mini, 27" 5K iMac
MDN may be run by extreme fanboys, but generally speaking their takes are dead-on...

I have their app on my 3GS, and bookmarked on all my Macs, but some of the stuff they say pertaining to computers makes me cringe - almost like they have Michael Dell's Mac equivalent mindset. :Lips-Are-Sealed:

My biggest problem with MDN is their right wingnut slant on anything that might be political. It brings in some of the worst slurs I've seen, and anyone that tries to even politely bring sanity to the thread is also dragged through the mud. That's unacceptable conduct in a supposedly technical website. :\

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I have their app on my 3GS, and bookmarked on all my Macs, but some of the stuff they say pertaining to computers makes me cringe - almost like they have Michael Dell's Mac equivalent mindset. :Lips-Are-Sealed:

My biggest problem with MDN is their right wingnut slant on anything that might be political. It brings in some of the worst slurs I've seen, and anyone that tries to even politely bring sanity to the thread is also dragged through the mud. That's unacceptable conduct in a supposedly technical website. :\

Although I do see occasional politically charged commentary on MDN, its mostly the commentators that push it to extremes. In this divisive political climate we live in, its hard to find a blog of any kind that doesn't have a political slant.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Although I do see occasional politically charged commentary on MDN, its mostly the commentators that push it to extremes. In this divisive political climate we live in, its hard to find a blog of any kind that doesn't have a political slant.

Exactly what I was about to say. To some degree, MDN can be faulted for failing to rein it in though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I don't use them because their site make my eyes bleed. The wall of text is completely 1995 Compuserv.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
The site was alright until they started infesting it with their immature right wing opinion pieces.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.