Music Labels....using the Automator to change?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
One thing that's been bothering me since I've been importing my music is the inconsistancy of the formats of the labels that download. For example....I've got a 3 disk set of Roger Miller. Two of the disk are labled "1.King of the Road" and "2.King of the Road" but disk 3 is labled "King of the Road: The Genius of Roger Miller disk 3" or something like that.

Can I use the automator to change the labels so that all three match properly?

I really wish people who submit information like this on albums would be careful and that the services would double check them before they use them.

I don't know how many times I've been annoyed by tracks out of order or just plain wrong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Its easiest to do it in iTunes

Select the songs on the disc that is labeled wrong, Ctrl Click -> Get Info and change the Album name in there

OP
Abdiel
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
trpnmonkey41 said:
Its easiest to do it in iTunes

Select the songs on the disc that is labeled wrong, Ctrl Click -> Get Info and change the Album name in there

I just wondered if there was a way to use the automator to keep from having to do that 15 or 20 times...once for each song.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You don't have to do it for each song. Highlight all of the songs at once (Click on the first one, Hold shift and click the last one)

OP
Abdiel
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" PowerBook 1.5ghz
trpnmonkey41 said:
You don't have to do it for each song. Highlight all of the songs at once (Click on the first one, Hold shift and click the last one)

Ah, cool. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.