Why Did You Switch?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
well i started on a mac, so i guess the answer is never. :D

OP
F

Fomer

I used windows for 2 and half years (first computer) and found myself download windows versions of docks swinging my task bar at the top getting mods to make winamp intunes skin and finally thought what the heck am I doing, scraped money together drove 6 hours and the best thing I ever did. (one of, atleast)

OP
H

hokiethang

I have used PCs for going on 12 years now. I finally got fed up with having windows dictate when i could use my computer for what i want it to. I had started the move to linux and realized that my previous laptop couldnt make the move so I started looking for a new laptop that could run a version of linux natively, and the only one I found was the macintosh. Best decision I ever made, and after playing with my friend's powerbook, i decided that this is what I wanted. Im also glad i bought back in april because I dont think I could have waited 5 additional months to get a powerbook. I was hooked after one weekend, and had to have one of my own.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
MacAddikt said:

I was alway on an Apple product. I did not start using PCs until started working.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
MacAddikt said:

Same here, only my answer will make sense. To the question "WHY did you switch?" :D
I didn't :)

-The Graphite Strikes again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Hmm.. well I used PC's for a couple of years.. Actually hmm.. 7 years or so, then I used a mac to create some designs.. I kind of liked it.. it was a little easier to use and it didnt crash as much, but I continued to using PC's for several years, actually used them both most of those years, Finally when OS X came out I was able to just not use PC's any more.. so I completely switched around that time :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
Graphite said:
Same here, only my answer will make sense. To the question "WHY did you switch?" :D
I didn't :)

-The Graphite Strikes again.

you didnt let me finish.. what i was saying was i never used a PC until i started on a mac :p

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
MacAddikt said:
you didnt let me finish.. what i was saying was i never used a PC until i started on a mac :p

here, here :p :p

OP
L

lanne_roth

Switching

Still have a laptop PC running Windows XP. However, it seems everytime I turn it on it either tries to connect to the Internet, clean my hard drive or tell me I have problems, etc. I'm tired of it taking me 3 hours to do something that can be done in a half hour on a Mac.

I bought an EMac with SuperDrive so I could transfer tapes to DVD. So easy, now I am getting work done instead of getting mad at the machine and frustrated.

Thank you, Apple computers......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Nice avatar Lanne :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
I was an NT admin for 6 years ( off and on ), then I started getting into Linux. I saw the 17" iMac's and thought they were pretty cool. So I went to CompUSA in beantown, and they had a PowerMac G4 with an openGL wallpaper displaying on a 23" Cinema Display ( do I need to say anymore? ). That totally flipped me out, and I received my first Mac probably 6 weeks later. And now we live happily ever after :) I am in the process of switching everyone I am in contact with.

sniff sniff, kinda puts a tear in your eye, doesn't it :)

OP
J

juliesinar

I've been using PC's for around 10 years or so. I never really considered a mac until the new Imacs came out. They were just too attractive to ignore, but never contemplated buying one as I thought that being so small they would have limited upgrade potential.

A couple of weeks ago I saw a G5 in a store and I was stunned by how great it looked, so a few days ago I took the plunge and bought one (basic 1.6 was all I could afford). I'm really loving it, I can't imagine ever owning a Windows PC again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
:) glad to hear it juliesinar!

p.s. if no one ever did it yet... WELCOME TO MAC-FORUMS! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
I'm really loving it, I can't imagine ever owning a Windows PC again.

Nice....

Welcome aboard!

OP
M

Mr.Curlynose1

We switched because Windows had problems. We had ME. It crashed once a day. It really stank. Now we have a Mac and it doesn't crash at all and it does everything we need it to do I think it's been on for a week now it's so stable I love it I can run all these nice apps and everything it makes me so happy!!

Sorry.

But this reminds me, some people switch to Mac because they are too stupid to figure out Windows. I didn't like Windows because it crashed, the start menu sucked, the registry is a bad concept, it got viruses, and Windows Explorer got really cluttered. Not because it was hard.

OP
B

brody

don't get me wrong....i'll probably always own a windows desktop just because i can build one that runs really well for under $500.
i bought a powerbook because windows is the devil, and there really is no better laptop in terms of design and hardware.

OP
M

mimmyhonker

I Disagree

Mr.Curlynose1 said:
We switched because Windows had problems. We had ME. It crashed once a day. It really stank. Now we have a Mac and it doesn't crash at all and it does everything we need it to do I think it's been on for a week now it's so stable I love it I can run all these nice apps and everything it makes me so happy!!

Sorry.

But this reminds me, some people switch to Mac because they are too stupid to figure out Windows. I didn't like Windows because it crashed, the start menu sucked, the registry is a bad concept, it got viruses, and Windows Explorer got really cluttered. Not because it was hard.

I humbly disagree. I do not thnk people are down on windows because it is too hard to use. Windows is fairly intuitive, and not all that difficult to use. I suggest that people do not like Windows because it is constantly freezing and crashing. I happen to know Windows very well, but I cannot stand the daily freezing and crashing. I thnk Windows is easy to use, but a ***** to keep up.

OP
O

onscreen

PC is good
Windows is bad for health
Linux is good
Mac is the best
OSX rocks for design and 3D and audio

oh well.. used Windows in nightmare for 5 years. Now on mac for 1 yr with no problem. UNIX is my wife, Darwin is my son :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.