imac speakers and heapdphone jack software switch

Reaction score
hi guys
this is my first post here, so forgive me for violating any "code of conduct"
lol. anyway,
i have a problem...

ive connected my imac (21.5 inch) to my stereo system through the headphone jack.
however, i dont use the stereo for sound output all the time but the headphone jack is always connected as its cumbersome to keep disconnecting it. i use the inbuilt speaker the rest of the time....
i need a way to choose my audio output through a software. do you know any software for this?

also, is there a way to input video into the imac?

thanks

C

chas_m

i need a way to choose my audio output through a software. do you know any software for this?

Yes.

The really stylish Apple way to do this is wirelessly via an Airport Express using Airtunes. It's very cool.

Another option is to use some third-party software like Soundsource (free). Not wireless or particularly cool, but it does the job.

is there a way to input video into the imac?

Lots of ways. Can you be more specific about what exactly it is you're wanting to do? The answer varies depending on what you mean.

OP
D
Reaction score
thanks a lot, airtunes's too expensive, so ill just use soundsource....

as for the video input, i want to be able to play ps3 on my mac, is there a way to input hdmi into the mac, you know, some sort of inexpensive hdmi to usb convertor?

cheers

OP
D
Reaction score
hi,
sorry, soundsource wasnt what i wanted.
it doesnt allow me too chose the output when speakers are connected through a 3.5mm cable.
what id love to have is a program which allows me to choose between either only the imac speakers, or only the headphone jack or both...

do youknow any ssuch program?

cheers

OP
D
Reaction score
thanks buddy, but i should have been more specific, i need a software....
i cant buy any equipment cos my mom wont buy me anything more and i live in india..

cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.