MAC Mail account continually asks for Hotmail Password?

Reaction score
I have recently switched to a MacPro and since the switchover my MAC Mail account keeps asking me for my Hotmail password (approx. once and hour). It seems to remember the password at first but then, despite the fact that I continually give it to it, and also ask it to remember my password in the keychain it keeps pinging up the box asking for it again! I used to use Outlook connector on my old PC - is there anything for MAC that will sort this situation?

C

chas_m

A Mac is short for "Macintosh." It's not an acronym, thus it should not be capitalised.

To put it another way:
mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Ditto for iPod. :)

Okay, now that that's out of the way ...

Mail doesn't actually support Hotmail (no email client other than Entourage natively does), so that's likely to be the source of your problem.

You can try to make sure you've set it up properly as per the directions here.

Beyond that I'd strongly recommend moving to a less compromised email provider, preferably one that offers IMAP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.