Is Tiger or my Mini G4 to blame?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2010 13", iPod Touch 4th gen., AirPort Extreme, Mini G4, iPod 30GB w/video
I just got a new MacBook Pro and Airport Extreme and set up a home network. Attached to the AE using a self-powered 3-port USB hub are a Lacie hard drive, a Samsung multifunction printer, and a Mini G4 running OS Tiger.

The MacBook connects to the internet, hard drive, and printer flawlessly. The Mini is another story: it connects to the internet and hard drive fine, but the printer is giving it multiple kernel panics, i.e. I've seen the multi-language translucent screen telling me I "must" shut down the Mini too many times when the printer is on.

1) Any suggestions about why my Mini (or Tiger?) hates being wirelessly connected to the printer, and what I can do?

2) If I can't remedy this, what can I plug into the printer USB port to get wireless access for my Macbook (by having it plugged into the Airport) AND have it plugged into my Mini?

3) Also: any ideas why, when I have two external drives attached to the Airport (using a hub), my Macbook will "see" both of them whereas my Mini will only see one of them?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.