mpg to mp3?

Reaction score
hy people.i'm new is this forum.so i have some .mpg and .rm files and i want to extract the audio of that files,converting to an mp3 or aiff file.anyone could help with that?thanks for your time
insideyou

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Just open them in Quicktime Pro and export them to the desired format (Won't work on .rm files)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
mpeg streamclip will separate the audio and video, or use qt pro to extract the sound to a separate file. as far as the .rm, use an app like wiretap or audio hijack while playing the tracks to capture the audio.

OP
I
Reaction score
Aptmunich said:
Just open them in Quicktime Pro and export them to the desired format (Won't work on .rm files)
i already have qt pro but there's no options on export menu to extract the audio. you can do that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
there are 2 easy ways, 1. AM's way of export, click file>export, in the box that comes up, select movie to aiff from the pop up menu, 2. my way, click edit>extract tracks>select the audio track in the box that comes up, it opens just the audio in its own window, click File>export or save as whatever you want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
2. my way, click edit>extract tracks>select the audio track in the box that comes up, it opens just the audio in its own window, click File>export or save as whatever you want.

Oh yeah, forgot that handy little option... thanks MM ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.