Can't Listen to Radio

Reaction score
I listen to the radio via the internet while I work. However, 3 days ago I went to 2 different radio stations and clicked on the "listen live" link that they provide, but the player page will not load as it has previously. Last week I was notified that the Flash needed updating and I attempted that. But that it is the only download that I have attempted recently. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 inch
listening to radio at work via the internet takes considerable bandwidth. Commercial bandwidth is costly and your employer may be blocking it. If everyone in the company did it, the internet would be extremely slow.

OP
P
Reaction score
I can appreciate that, but I work at home and was listening to my favorites last Thursday. On Friday, the player wouldn't load.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
Check your flash settings. Some browsers now have setting to turn off and on flash. This happens to me a week ago. I had set it to allow flash and everything was back to norm.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP
listening to radio at work via the internet takes considerable bandwidth. Commercial bandwidth is costly and your employer may be blocking it. If everyone in the company did it, the internet would be extremely slow.

I disagree with that, but I guess it depends on each person's unique situation.

On my corporate network, a 64kbps internet stream is less than 0.4 percent of my entire bandwidth, and will consume less than 200megabytes of data over the course of a 8 hour work day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
I have a Macbook Pro. So, how do turn Flash on?

Make sure you've updated your browser. Right now I'm using Firefox. It's easy as right click for a popup menu that will allow flash for that particular flash or the whole site. It wasn't always like that with Firefox. I remember I had to turn it off at the preference or something then reload the page every time I change the radio channel.

Good luck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Have you tried these websites on different browsers? If you are having problems on all of them then it might be Flash itself that is the problem. You should check which version of Flash you have by going here: Adobe - Flash Player

If you don't have the latest version then try installing that. You might want to go to Adobe's website and reinstall Flash regardless of whether you have the latest version to see if that works.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks, but I checked it out and I have the latest version. I still can't get it loaded.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.