hello all

Reaction score
hello all

I am a new mac user having only brought my macbook last weekend. After using windows for so long and getting frustrated with crashing etc i finally made the change to mac and impressed so far.

I did have an Iphone 3g but have just upgraded that to the iphone 4.

I not a wiz when it comes to things like this.

Does anyone know how i can sync my email between my iphone and mac. I have synced my email to mail on my mac and have also synced the same email account to my iphone. During the day i mostly use my iphone and then my mac at night when i plug my iphone in also. :D

But at the moment when i delete messages on my iphone they still appear on mail on the mac !!!!!!

Is there a way that mail and my iphone will talk to each other ??

regards mattyboy

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
You're likely using a Mail service that uses the POP protocol rather than IMAP. If you access an email service from more than one device, it's usually better to use an IMAP-based service (Gmail, for example, supports IMAP).

More info here:

http://mail2web.com/blog/2010/02/pop-imap-difference/

OP
M
Reaction score
thanks for the reply, yeah i have a hotmail account which i believe uses a pop3.

OP
M
Reaction score
is there any software available to over come this problem without changing your email account ??

C

chas_m

It's a limitation of POP. Just forward your spammail -- sorry, hotmail -- to GMail or some other IMAP service and then you will be able to manage mail on multiple devices properly.

Reaction score
I just got a MBP and my Gmail syncs perfectly between my Droid and MBP. Would highly recommend switching to Gmail, good service.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.