pc to mac - New user

Reaction score
Hi, i've just bought a new MacBook Pro 13". I absolutely love it and i'm glad i finally made the switch.

One question though - How do you transfer your iTunes library from my old PC to the new mac, a friend said you can do it wirelessly but i cant for the life of me work out how, Or find any simple how to's.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
The absolute easiest way is to upgrade both your machines to the latest iTunes and turn on Homesharing in iTunes.

Start here - link.

You'll find links there for turning it on, moving your library and auto updating from one to the other.

The auto updating is particularly handy. I do practically all my purchases on my Mac, but I use a Win7 HTPC that's attached to my HDTV. After I've made the purchases when I want on my Mac, then go to listen or watch on my HTPC, it's already sitting there waiting for me.

The only hassles I've had has been transferring audible content through Homesharing. Have had to do their books manually or re-download them on the Win7 machine.

OP
M
Reaction score
thanks for the great advice, i'd just spoken to a friend who had suggested exactly the same as you and am now in the process of home sharing my account.

great help thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.