Sync iMac with Windows Mobile PC.

Reaction score
My old Windows computer died. I purchased Syncmate hoping it would enable my iMac to sync with the PDA but discovered it won't sync exe programs. The only reason I need to sync the PDA is to update the many medical resources on it regularly. These are resources like drug handbooks with auto updates when I sync. I can't even install the exe programs on the iMac.
I'm at a total loss as to what to do now.
It seems the Syncmate program was a waste of money.

C

chas_m

In the short term, I would borrow or buy the cheapest PC piece o'junk that can run what you need and use it as a dedicated single-purpose computer.

You never mentioned what specific PDA you're talking about so beyond that I can't be of much help.

OP
T
Reaction score
My PDA is a HP IPAQ Windows 6. I had it on Activesync with a PC. When I connected the PDA it would automatically download updates to all the programs. It worked fine until I got malware on the PC. I hand't bothered with an Antivirus program as the PC was only used for this. So yesterday I bought Norton and got rid of the malware. Then I wasn't able to do anything without it freezing. Today it shut itself down and the power comes on but it won't boot.
I thought it would be easier to download the medical programs on the Mac, but it doesn't look like it is an easy opt in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You maybe better off getting any data off that PC and reinstalling Windows from scratch

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.