Flashplayer asked for my password

Reaction score
Ok so when I opened firefox yesterday it said the usual "please wait while firefox installs updates" then it took me to mozilla's homepage and says it successfully downloaded the latest version blah blah. But it said I need an update for flash player. SO when I hit download it asked for my password and I entered in what I thought was the wrong password (might have been the right one, i use 2 passwords for everything) but anyway it downloaded and everythings fine. But I am so weirded out that it asked for a password... I looked at the URL and it was mozilla and had "US" in it and such for I figured it was legit. Lets say I have a Trojan, do I need to lok into this? How? What can I do to get rid of it?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Relax..

The Flash update does ask for your password since it's changing things at the system level..there is no need to freak out about that..

Regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.