Extra hidden JPG file?

Reaction score
A client sent me jpg files in a thumbdrive from her mac. Each jpg contains a hidden "._filename.jpg". It is very annoying to have 2x as many files. Is there a way to not include these when I am on a mac?

I will constantly be sending CD/DISC of wedding photos to my clients and I dont want to confuse my PC user clients.

What is it for anyway?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I think this has more to do with the program she used to generate her jpg files than anything I can think of that the Mac would do. When I move files on to a thumb drive or external HD, I never see anything more than the original files, so I don't really know what the story is with that.

I really think you should direct the question to your client about what they used and why there are extra files. Or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about and there's a setting that would do this when transferring files in some ways.

Doug

Reaction score
Removing jpg files

I think this has more to do with the program she used to generate her jpg files than anything I can think of that the Mac would do. When I move files on to a thumb drive or external HD, I never see anything more than the original files, so I don't really know what the story is with that.

I really think you should direct the question to your client about what they used and why there are extra files. Or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about and there's a setting that would do this when transferring files in some ways.

Doug

I found the easiest way is drag one ore more jpg files into iPhoto. Then export from iPhoto as jpg's with no more hidden jpg files. Quick and easy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.