Time Machine Restore

Reaction score
Hi All,

6 String kindly gave me some advice regarding getting my old set up off my imac and onto my new MBP.

He mentioned that when the MBP would boot up it would give me the option to 'restore from Time Machine'. Unfortuntlaty I bought the MBP second hand so it came with Leopard etc already on. I cant seem to find this option within time machine... Will I need to format some how and then re-install the applications disk with Leopard etc?? if so whats the easist way to do this please?

Also when I have switched all my information over, I need to leave my imac in a 'factory' style state. Is it best to just un-install all the programmes that I want off... or do a format??

Your help is really appreciated. My knowledge on Mac's is pretty poor I'm afraid.

Many thanks,
Stiller

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Insert your Leopard disc in the Mac. Shut it down with the disc inside. Turn it back on while holding down the 'C' key. It should boot from the CD which will give you the options you are looking for.

As for the old machine, before you sell it, I would recommend reformatting the HD and reinstalling Leopard on it. Boot with the disc inside, holding down 'C' to boot from the CD. I believe you'll find the reformat option in Disc Utility.

OP
S
Reaction score
Many thanks for taking the time out to respond.

Much appreciated.

Regards,

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.