deleting photos from iphone

Reaction score
how do i delete photos from iphone NOT in my camera roll. is it possible to do so without connecting to my mac

Reaction score
Nope(?)

I don't think it's possible. I never managed to do so... Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
This isn't possible. You have to connect your iPhone to your Mac and remove the pictures from your iPhoto or Aperture library, whichever iTunes is being told to connect to. iTunes will then sync those changes back to your iPhone, removing said photos.

Reaction score
I cannot even get them to delete by syncing for some reason. This is a horrible fault of the Iphe4 that you can't delete a photo. Does anyone know an app that might allow this to be done?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
When you plug your phone into your computer, go to the Photos tab and from there you can select what photos/albums from your computer you want to sync.

- Kyle

Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I have spent so much time moving pictures and creating folders that I am becoming loony trying to delete photos. I'm beginning to feel as if I have the IQ of a shoe!

I had it syn a pictures photo. I made copies and sent them to other folders and then deleted the photos from the pictures folder that i synced. It does not delete on my iphone the pictures it originally synced. In fact I put the pictures on disk and deleted from my Imac. Photos remain.

I will be very cautious to ever imort or sync anything onto my Iphone.

There are hundreds of post addressing this problem and no 3rd party apps. If I would have realized I could not delete an imported photo off of my IPhone I would have gone to Droid.

Cannot believe Apple does not see this problem and address it. Why don't they put a ttrash can you can use for photos other than camera roll?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.