Create a Post card

Reaction score
I want to create a post card with my MBPro. During my Windows days i would use MSFT Publisher, however the MSFT Office bundle for MAC doesn't come with Publisher.

Ideas? Directions, Lemeno (let me know).

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Unfortunately MS Publisher is not available in a Mac version nor will it probably ever be. Too bad as it's a great application.

However, you can find close substitutes in OS X inexpensive publishing software. Pages which comes as part of the iWork suite is very good at simple layout jobs. And there's "iStudio Publisher" which is a close match to MS Publisher. You can download their 30 day trial version first to see how well you like it before buying.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Don't know exactly what you want to accomplish, but I use an app called PostCard (ormaybe it is Post Card -- not at the mac right now so can't check for sure)(freeware/shareware, don't remember) that works for what I want to do. You can select a photo from iPhoto or elsewhere to use on the card left side, and write your message on the right side. Lots of customizations, too. Will this do what you want?

C

chas_m

Too bad as it's a great application.

I don't know where you got that idea, but try walking into any printer's office and saying that. They could use a good, long, hard laugh.

You're right that Pages, part of iWork ($79) is the best option (well, for people who want to produce good-looking professional stuff, that is). There's some excellent postcard templates built right in.

For more casual stuff, I like Swift Publisher from BeLight (makers of a number of good graphics apps), or your suggestion of iStudio Publisher.

If you're strictly wanting to do postcards -- nothing but -- then yes, PostCard (as referred to above) is an excellent choice, and you might want to check out Posterino as well.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't know where you got that idea, but try walking into any printer's office and saying that. They could use a good, long, hard laugh.

I don't know which printer's you're using but around here MS Publisher work is still the most common and popular jobs they receive. And, I really could care less what a printer thinks anyway as long as they get the work done.

IMO, it's still the easiest inexpensive publishing program available and produces great results - which by the way integrate nicely with MS Office (for Windows).

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.