Stalling video

Reaction score
In the last week or so clips on YouTube and the like have kept stopping and reloading every ten seconds or less on my iMac (3.06 GHz, 4 GB RAM, running 10.6.4). This is despite a fast ADSL2+ connection and very fast Safari operations. My MacBook Pro, using the same OSX and the same wireless internet connection, does not have this problem. I wondered if it could be a browser problem, but exactly the same thing happens with Firefox. I've recently installed 10.6.4 and Safari 5, but the browser doesn't seem to be at fault and the OS is the same on both machines. Can anyone suggest a possible cause and, better still, a possible solution?

OP
R
Reaction score
Stalling

I spent nearly 2 hours on the Apple help line today and I couldn't have met a nicer bunch of people. In the end, the problem was, I hope, solved by the creation of a new network. Why? I don't think anyone knows. If anyone has any theories it would be good to hear them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.