Getting Contacts off Tiger 10.4.11

Reaction score
I've always used my iMac for syncing my iphone (3G, 3Gs, and now 4), but didn't realize the iPhone 4 wasn't compatible with Tiger before purchasing. I backed up my files, restored my 3Gs to factory settings to sell, and now can't figure out how to get my contacts back on my phone. I would just upgrade to Snow Leopard on my iMac, but I only have 512 MB of memory so it won't support the upgrade.

I do have a macbook pro, so I can simply start from scratch but don't really want to have to start all over. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive
Hey! Am in exactly the same boat as you, well, almost. M mac has 2Gb of ram so I am quite poor now after forking out for Snow Leopard.

Toget your contacts o to your iPhone 4, here is what I did.

This will only work if your contacts transferred into your contacts app on your iMac. If you had 'sync contacts' selected on itunes when you hooked your iphobe up, it should have worked.

Go to the contacts app on your mac. Right click the top left icon which should be something like 'all groups' and choose 'export v-card'.

Save the vCard to where ever you want.

Then, email the vCard to yourself.

On your iPhone, use the mail app to access your mail and wait for the vCard to come through. Once it does, click on it, it can bestow at this point, and choose 'add contacts' then choose 'make new'

A minute or so later it should go back to your messgage. Go to your contacts app on the iPhone and they should all be there! Pictures and all! I did this yesterday and it worked a charm.

Hope this helps

Mel

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.