Switch From imac to Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Hi Guy's,

I currently run an imac 2.4 ghz using Logic Pro etc almost solely for music production. I want to swap over to a Macbook Pro.

When I have my Macbook in possesion, is it simply a case of swapping information over via time-machine back up?? Or will not be quite as simple as I am hoping!

Many thanks for taking the time to view and answer... I've always been pretty clued up on Logic... but not on the overall 'Mac' capabilities!!!

Thanks,
Stiller:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Welcome to Mac forums.
It is as simple as that :)
When you get your MBP, and boot it up, it will go through all the welcome and set-up stuff, and will then ask you if you want to restore from a time machine backup.
Has always worked for me without a glitch :)
I like to take an extra step with an app called Carbon Copy Cloner which I use not only as a secondary backup option, but to create a bootable clone too.
In saying that, I use time machine, or migration assistant to restore new machines, and Carbon Copy Cloner for upgrading HDs.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi 6String,

Many thanks for the help!!

Much appreciated...

Regards,
Gareth

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.