Facetime

Reaction score
Am I alone in wanting to test out Face time but no one I know has a Iphone 4 :\
it is crazy that apple does not allow cell to Ichat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad
Not an Apple issue. Put this one on AT&T's network. For that matter, I don't believe that any cell network is ready for for the "prime time" by supporting the bandwidth that would be required in order to enable video chat for millions of i-Phone users. AT&T has enough problems with being able to support cell phone and Internet data traffic right not. Definitely not ready for video chat at this time.

OP
G
Reaction score
not so you have to be on a wifi network to use facetime so there really is no issue with At&t

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
wcarr3, he meant it's crazy that you can't do a video chat between an iPhone 4 and somebody on a computer using iChat. I agree with him. If the requirement is that you be on Wi-Fi, well then it's pretty much assumed the vast majority of people using iChat will be on a Wi-Fi network as well. I hope Apple updates iChat and the iPhone to allow video chats between the two.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
wcarr3, he meant it's crazy that you can't do a video chat between an iPhone 4 and somebody on a computer using iChat. I agree with him. If the requirement is that you be on Wi-Fi, well then it's pretty much assumed the vast majority of people using iChat will be on a Wi-Fi network as well. I hope Apple updates iChat and the iPhone to allow video chats between the two.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this is part of 10.7.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad

Got it. Understood. Yes, I agree as well. It seems to me that once developers are able to come up with something that is up to Apple's "standards" that the capability will then be opened up as an additional feature for i-Phone 4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this is part of 10.7.

I certainly hope the feature is implemented well before that as we will have the fifth gen iPhone in our hands by the time 10.7 comes out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Am I alone in wanting to test out Face time but no one I know has a Iphone 4 :\
it is crazy that apple does not allow cell to Ichat.

Apple has a phone number you can call to FaceTime if you want to try it out. I believe it's 888-FACETIME. They'll walk you through the connection and give you tips and tricks.

I find it hilarious Apple did this because God only knows what kind of people they're going to get on the other end of that connection. I'd be afraid of what I'd see... :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yea seriously, it's almost like Chatroulette :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.