Help with Boot Camp please?

Reaction score
I'm currently running windows 7 on parallels but I'm not so pleased, I want to check out how it'd be on boot camp. :D

Anyways, I get this message when I try partitioning:
screencapturez.png

I'm not familiar with "Disk Utility" so I kind of need some help on this!

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP
Basically what this is saying is that it can't free up a large enough block of hard drive space to create the Bootcamp partition. There are files on the hard drive that cannot be moved to make space for the bootcamp partition.

You could try a defragmentation program, but I haven't had any luck myself with that. The only way I was able to get around this was Time Machine my entire hard drive, wipe and reinstall, then set up the Bootcamp partition.

OP
R
Reaction score
Basically what this is saying is that it can't free up a large enough block of hard drive space to create the Bootcamp partition. There are files on the hard drive that cannot be moved to make space for the bootcamp partition.

You could try a defragmentation program, but I haven't had any luck myself with that. The only way I was able to get around this was Time Machine my entire hard drive, wipe and reinstall, then set up the Bootcamp partition.

Ah, I was afraid that's what it meant.. :(
So if I free up more space than I currently have is it possible to do a backup or must I use a Time Machine to literally wipe out and clean my hard drive?

I'll look into a defragmentation... But in the mean time, I'll stick with Parallels.
Thanks for replying! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.