If some people are getting theirs today...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
shouldn't apple stores already have them too? I would think they would have them ready and all. What do you think? I'm about to go to sleep so I can wake up at 3am :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
There have been reports about stores like Walmart already receiving their supplies. They have been instructed by Apple to not sell them until the official day tomorrow though. This makes sense that they got them early so they can prepare for tomorrow especially since there are going to be some early morning buyers. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The whole point of delivering today was to spread out the activation so that a million people aren't activating in a single day, which would result in crashes and delays like we saw last year.

Also, stores are likely getting their supplies today too, and they need a day to setup for tomorrow.

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
The whole point of delivering today was to spread out the activation so that a million people aren't activating in a single day, which would result in crashes and delays like we saw last year.

Also, stores are likely getting their supplies today too, and they need a day to setup for tomorrow.

Or, they could just let me have it early, and I will take the hassle off their hands :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Haha, how about you go to the Apple Store and try that line :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20in 2.4ghz
Yeah my friend works at the apple store in Palo Alto, he said people started lining up at noon! I guess I'll be waiting untill july to get mine.

OP
iggibar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I'm in line right now, have been since 2:30am. The reserve line is about 13-16 people, the no-reserve line is about 50-70 people! The opposite of what I was expecting, though it's still early....and humid.

Reaction score
I want to, but there's no Apple store nearby. And I heard rumors that most BestBuy stores will have a few or NO unit on 24th, as opposed to the 45 Engadget confirmed, so it seems Walmart is the only option.

But...isn't Walmart open 24/7? When will they arrive there?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.