Best way to clean my iMac screen?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 1TB HDD - iPod Touch 4G
Just the front. The 'Glass' bit... (It IS glass isn't it?)

I've been sat close to it for a week now, and I guess I've coughed a couple of times, and Im just seeing little marks here and there.

Assuming it is glass, just a glass cleaning spray? Or do I need to get an expensive kit with special fluid and special type of cloth?

I don't mind getting a proper kit, if its worth it. I can afford to, but if theres no real need I wont... Whats the best way?

I did google, and got all these youtube vids telling me how to remove the front panel with suction grips to get at the actual screen inside... But I'm NOT at that point... I Just wanna wipe down the front 'glass' panel.

And well I'm asking, what is the little tiny black cloth, with an apple logo on it, that came with imac for? The keyboard I presume? It seems WAY to small for the screen?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" (spring 2010), iPhone 4 16gb
a glass cleaning rag (found in expensive sunglasses or probably the black coth material you already have) and diluted windex will do the trick.

I personally use iKlear.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
I also use iKlear but that is left over from my LCD days. With the glass fronts that most of the Macs have - pretty much any glass cleaner will do.

The black cloth is a no lint cloth so you can use it for cleaning the screen. You don't need a large cloth to clean it. If it isn't too dirty any no-lint cloth should wipe it off just fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Dampen a paper towel with water and use that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
Damp microfiber towel.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.