Mac user newbie has a question

F

flyin3d

Hello,
I notice when viewing streaming content on certain internet sites that the site's own quicktime viewer comes up which doesn't have options to enlarge the screen size. But then when viewing video on other sites, my quicktime program launches which does have full screen capability. Is this the only way to view internet streaming video with these sites? Is there a plugin used to enable Windows media player to run on OS 10.2.7?
Thanks.

OP
F

Fomer

Well if you need to the movie larger cntrl click download it, unless that's too much to handle (I have cable so I don't mind wasting couple seconds)

But to work with windows media player (why the crap would ou want to do that) download the file go cmd + I go to open with and choose windows media player that should fix it. (it did with mine when I was trying to get VLC too, but later switched back to quicktime much better quality.)

OP
F

flyin3d

What if the site will not let you download the file but only view it? Is there a way to enlarge it then?
Fomer said:
Well if you need to the movie larger cntrl click download it, unless that's too much to handle (I have cable so I don't mind wasting couple seconds)

But to work with windows media player (why the crap would ou want to do that) download the file go cmd + I go to open with and choose windows media player that should fix it. (it did with mine when I was trying to get VLC too, but later switched back to quicktime much better quality.)

OP
F

Fomer

Find out what kind of file it is... go to a site that has that kind of file you can download, download it cmd + I.... etc There's probably and easier way but I am a mac noob myself just trying to help the best I can. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.