I need help with Bootcamp

Reaction score
Hello,
I used boot camp once when I first got my Mac and I think I might have partioned the start up disk or whatever but I'm not completely sure.

I'm trying to install windows 7 currently and when I open up Bootcamp and click "continue" on the first window, this is what it says:

The startup disk must be formatted as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume or already partitioned by Boot Camp Assistant for installing Windows.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I might be able to do? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (Late 2009) - 2GB DDR3, 2.26 Core 2 Duo, 250GB HD, 9400M
Hello,
I used boot camp once when I first got my Mac and I think I might have partioned the start up disk or whatever but I'm not completely sure.

I'm trying to install windows 7 currently and when I open up Bootcamp and click "continue" on the first window, this is what it says:

The startup disk must be formatted as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume or already partitioned by Boot Camp Assistant for installing Windows.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I might be able to do? Thanks.

Hi,

I must admit I'm a little confused about your question as I don't think I fully understand what you mean. You say you might have partitioned the start up disk? You will have partitioned your hard drive but not the Macintosh HD partition, otherwise this would have overwritten MAC OS X.

I think your problem is that you have two partitions on your hard drive one which you most likely created earlier for Windows. Have you made sure you have deleted the previous Windows Partition created by bootcamp?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.