Delay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.33GHz G4 14", 60GB, 768MB RAM, Airport, Bluetooth, Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
Hi everyone,

As my very first Mac, I ordered an iBook on June 11th. The crazy thing is, it still hasn't been shipped! :eek:neye: Is that normal?! The first estimated shipping date they had given me was the 17th. After that, it was the 22nd. Yesterday I checked the status for the billionth time and it said "Preparing Shipment," so I thought, awesome, they're finally going to send it.

Much to my dismay, though, I get an e-mail from Apple earlier today basically saying, "Sorry, your order will be delayed for a bit longer." Now the estimated shipping date is the 28th.

Needless to say, I'm a little ticked off. Still, I figure they probably need some time to build it according to the specs that I wanted.

Here's what I ordered:

IBOOK 14.1/768/60G/SD/AP/BT/LL
768MB DDR266
60GB ATA Drive
SUPER DRIVE
Airport Extreme Card
Internal BlueTooth Module
Keyboard/Mac OS

AND

AIRPORT EXPRESS BASE STATION

I'm wondering when the heck they'll ship it. I know that even after they do, I'll have to wait another 5 work-days for it to get here. I'm very impatient if you can't tell. :black:

Anyway, let me have your input about the situation.

- vr04

E

embries

I wouldn't call you impatient, that's a crazy ammount of time to wait before a computer ships.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
I had that happen with my Powerbook... It took almost a month to get to me.... It was because they were upgrading the whole PB line and were sending me the newer one.... But I haven't heard any rumors about iBook updates lately... Especially with all the hub-bub over macintel. And the regular iBook configs are still shipping same day... That is really strange.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow.

Reaction score
Call em and complain. i did and they "magically got out the door" It sat in their 'customize' step for a couple days, when I called they said it wouldn't be done for awhile. I started to raise **** and the guy said "we'll see what we can do" that after noon it shipped, that was friday night, monday morning I hadmy ibook. Theres an advantage to your best friend working you on his delivery route, I got my ibook as first delivery :p

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If it is an BTO system maybe they are low on some parts (back order). There could be other reasons. I would just call and get a status.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just talked to a sales representative.

rman, you were right. The lady told me that they're low on parts because of a large number of orders. She had no other information, other than what I could have already checked at the order status website. She did upgrade the shipping at no extra charge, though, so I'm pretty happy about that.

Reaction score
Yea I was suprised how easy they were to work with. I've been on the other end of the phone telling people that whatever hardware company I was working for that we couldn't do anything for them when we were low on parts (wecouldn't even upgrade shipping if it was our fault, they had to pay for the upgrade)

Apple seems a bit above other support I've encountered.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.