Hello Mac-Forums!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13", 2.4GHz, 4GB, GT 320M
Hello everyone!

I was referred here by member KoDorSean who's a friend of mine.

I've been a Windows user my entire life and build/repair Windows systems. It was time to branch out and I just ordered my first Mac ever! I ordered the new Macbook Pro 13". I went to the Apple store with Kory (KoDorSean) today to make sure that I would like it and I did. He's a fanboy so it was the perfect company. ;D

I wouldn't consider myself a complete "switcher" yet as I am going to be using Windows 7 with Parallels and will have multiple Windows PCs around still. Either way, this Macbook is going to be like having two computers in one!

Besides that, I love to ride my motorcycle in my free time.

Just thought I would introduce myself. Looks like a great forum! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
welcome aboard from a fellow motorcycle rider.. hope you enjoy that Mac as much as i do :}

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
Sweet, welcome to the forum. Fantastic notebook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
BeefyBeefo; said:
Hello everyone!

I was referred here by member KoDorSean who's a friend of mine.

I've been a Windows user my entire life and build/repair Windows systems. It was time to branch out and I just ordered my first Mac ever! I ordered the new Macbook Pro 13". I went to the Apple store with Kory (KoDorSean) today to make sure that I would like it and I did. He's a fanboy so it was the perfect company. ;D

I wouldn't consider myself a complete "switcher" yet as I am going to be using Windows 7 with Parallels and will have multiple Windows PCs around still. Either way, this Macbook is going to be like having two computers in one!

Besides that, I love to ride my motorcycle in my free time.

Just thought I would introduce myself. Looks like a great forum! :D

Give it time and you will be a complete switcher. :p

Welcome!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Welcome to the Forum. Have a look here u might find a tip or 2

Reaction score
irking glimpse

Welcome. I bet you $100 that a year from now you will be a complete switcher!

OP
BeefyBeefo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
tilton hausas

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!! :D

OP
BeefyBeefo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, my new Macbook is scheduled to be delivered on Friday!! Woohooo! Kory also bought me Parallels (very nice of him) as a welcome to the Mac world. :D Thanks again Kory! Another friend of mine is sending me a new copy of Windows 7 as well. I can't wait!

I have a questions though...If I connect my Droid to the Macbook, will the Macbook burst into flames? :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Well, my new Macbook is scheduled to be delivered on Friday!! Woohooo! Kory also bought me Parallels (very nice of him) as a welcome to the Mac world. :D Thanks again Kory! Another friend of mine is sending me a new copy of Windows 7 as well. I can't wait!
You got some nice friends there. If they feel the need to buy some more stuff I could use a new external monitor. ;) Welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay. It looks like you already have a friend here so it shouldn't take you too long to get acquainted with the forums.

I have a questions though...If I connect my Droid to the Macbook, will the Macbook burst into flames? :p
Short answer: yes. ;D Joking aside you probably just have to get some software to get full functionality and compatibility. There are some members here that don't have the iPhone so they might be able to help you out if they read this thread.

OP
BeefyBeefo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You got some nice friends there. If they feel the need to buy some more stuff I could use a new external monitor. ;) Welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay. It looks like you already have a friend here so it shouldn't take you too long to get acquainted with the forums.

I agree. I have some very nice friends. :)

Short answer: yes. ;D Joking aside you probably just have to get some software to get full functionality and compatibility. There are some members here that don't have the iPhone so they might be able to help you out if they read this thread.

I was just messin' with you guys. :p It will work just fine. Computers read it as an external drive basically. I just didn't know if the Macbook would be able to handle all of the Droid's coolness. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

I owe you a lot its not like I just bought you Parallels for no reason. :)

If I am lucky when you plug that drool er droid into your MBP the droid will burst into flames. O:)

I agree. I have some very nice friends. :)

I was just messin' with you guys. :p It will work just fine. Computers read it as an external drive basically. I just didn't know if the Macbook would be able to handle all of the Droid's coolness. :p

Coolness? Don't you mean poopness? :p

Im kidding, I thought a few different times about getting a droid.. Very nice phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MacBook, non-Pro, Snow Leopard
I'm rocking an android-based HTC Dream and it has no problems on Mac. Syncing with Outlook may not work but...if you're using *NIX, why the devil are you using Outlook? It's a Micros~1 product.

As a Linux user, I'll never give up Android. Just like I'll never get an iPod when my current MP3 player groks Mac and Linux alike. (Cowon D2+, by the way...it acts like a thumb drive, and allows you to organize your music by folder, as God intended. It functions in any OS with equal facility even though the Cowon software is 'Doze only)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
Welcome aboard my friend :)

OP
BeefyBeefo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I owe you a lot its not like I just bought you Parallels for no reason. :)

No you don't. :)

KoDorSean said:
If I am lucky when you plug that drool er droid into your MBP the droid will burst into flames. O:)

I would hope that the Macbook wouldn't be that jealous of the Droid. :p

KoDorSean said:
Coolness? Don't you mean poopness? :p

Im kidding, I thought a few different times about getting a droid.. Very nice phone.

That desire may very well end tomorrow (or, later today) when you get your new iPhone! :Lips-Are-Sealed:

Thanks again for the warm welcome everyone! I didn't know if having a Droid would be allowed around here. :p LOL

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.