sharing internet windows -> mac

Reaction score
I am currently trying to share a public wireless internet access between my windows computer and a mac os X panther with a hard wired lan.

I set the wireless router to accept 55 connections starting at 192.168.1.100. I set my lan DHCP address's to start at 50. I'm not really sure what I'm talking about.

what's going on is, when I set up the shared connection it says my lan has internet for a short period, during that short period my mac doesn't get any internet. Then the internet shuts off to my lan.

I don't know much about networking especially between mac and windows.

I am able to access the public router at 192.168.1.1, it's a linksys, and I set my router to 192.168.2.1 to distinguish between the two.

My mac says it's connected to the internet through the ethernet cable even when my windows says that my lan is getting no internet connection, don't really know what thats about.

OP
X
Reaction score
new symptom

now my wireless internet will not connect when the internet is shared. once I disable the lan my internet comes back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.