Newbie Trying to print multiple pictures

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.8GHz i5 16GB RAM - Macbook Pro 2.66 Ghz i7 8GB Ram
Hi,

I frequently want to print number of pictures at the same time.

In Windows, I would just browse the folder in Explorer, select the picture(s) to be printed and and either right click or select the print icon at the top.

I've tried to do the same thing on my new Mac, and either I'm losing my mind (very possible) or I'm getting inconsistent results.

Once or twice I've gotten a print menu and everything was fine.

Usually, only one of the pictures comes up in Preview. I can print that one picture from Preview, but I have to repeat the process for the others.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 13"MBA 2.2GHz i7, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.11.6
Select the photos you want to print and either right-click or control-click (however you have it set up) them. In the menu that comes up you'll see an "open with" option. Under that, there should be an option to open them with your printer - i.e. under mine, it says, "HP Photosmart Print". If you click on that option, a print preview screen will come up with all your pictures ready to print. Just set how you want them to print in that window, and you should be good to go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
The right click doesn't show the option for printers for me. I usually open 'print queue' for which ever printer I want to use first, then just drag and drop which ever pictures or documents I want to print in from the Finder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Opening the printer queue (I'm assuming through System Prefs) and then dragging files to it seems like an awfully roundabout way of printing. You should be able to print directly from the Finder. Do you have right-clicking set as an option?
You should see an option to open your selected files with your printer, both in the right-click/control-click menu and in the file menu, but I'm just speaking from personal experience. I haven't seen your setup, so of course I can't be 100% certain.
Have you selected your files and then tried executing a Command-Print keystroke? That should bring up the Print menu where you can set your print options and then execute your print job. You can also select your files and then click the Print option in the File menu.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Opening the printer queue (I'm assuming through System Prefs) and then dragging files to it seems like an awfully roundabout way of printing. You should be able to print directly from the Finder. Do you have right-clicking set as an option?
You should see an option to open your selected files with your printer, both in the right-click/control-click menu and in the file menu, but I'm just speaking from personal experience. I haven't seen your setup, so of course I can't be 100% certain.
Have you selected your files and then tried executing a Command-Print keystroke? That should bring up the Print menu where you can set your print options and then execute your print job. You can also select your files and then click the Print option in the File menu.

Print option isn't available when right click for me. There's no print option under 'open with' either. I usually do 'print' under File tab at the top of window but for multiple printing I'd rather open print queue. It takes a few steps initially, but I like to find items to print then drag and drop, or highlite them as a group and put them in to the queue. It gives me a more visual way of seeing what I'm doing and happening.

But I should have an option to print when right click, shouldn't I? I have to look into this...

C

chas_m

iPhoto gives you several preset options for printing multiple pictures. If you want more control than that, I'd suggest the now-free Portraits & Prints from Econ Technologies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This is what it should look like when you do "Open With" from the file menu:
Screenshot2010-06-22at85317PM.png

This it what it should look like when you Control-click or right-click it:
Screenshot2010-06-22at85133PM.png

Again, though, this is my set up. I don't know how your printer software set up your menus for you, but I would think that you could still "Open With" your printer somehow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 3.06 c2d, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD
iPhoto gives you several preset options for printing multiple pictures. If you want more control than that, I'd suggest the now-free Portraits & Prints from Econ Technologies.

I'll agree with Chas' suggestion. Portraits & Prints works for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the info 'MacShane'. I previously had a HP printer, and now a Lexmark. Had decided install printer with minimal drivers only cause the previous HP came with software that bloated my other HP laptop. Might decide to add later. Thanks =)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.