iPhoto and Opening Pictures; I need help!

Reaction score
I have a question regarding iPhoto. Photography is a hobby of mine, and I like to edit some pictures and upload them to Facebook, photobucket, etc. However, when I got to open my pictures to either edit them or upload them, one album name comes up (my first album) and the rest are just dates when pictures were taken, even though I have them in other albums. This makes editing and uploading extremely difficult. Does anyone know how I can fix it so that only albums come up, instead of the dates on which the photos were taken?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
iPhoto is one App that has had a few changes so good idea if u post your OS and version of iPhoto. First guess is it sounds like you might have a corruption.
This for iPhoto version 8.1.2;

Click for full size

OP
Jerichoa
Reaction score
Oh, wow! That's vital information I forgot to add there... I'm sorry!

I have OS X version 10.6.4. My iPhoto version is 8.1.2 (424).

My photos are already organized by events (albums with the event title and event names in the "Events" folder), but when I try to open them in something like the GIMP or Facebook it just has the dates on which the photos were taken.

I want to be able to upload some photos to Facebook or photobucket then delete them. If I sync them with Facebook, I can't.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Try going to iPhoto/File/Export and save a copy then upload that - see if that works. Should show where the problem is.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.